Here at Surf Bay Holidays we want all of our customers to have a comfortable and relaxing holiday with us, along with the best possible access to all that we have to offer. We hope that you will find the following accessibility guides useful. All of our staff are there to help. If you need help at anytime, please request assistance from any member of staff.
Beachside Holiday Park
- Beachside Holiday Park is gently sloping park with exceptional views of the beach and sea. Access to the beach promenade is available at the bottom of the park near the Reception. We have caravan holiday homes and apartment accommodation all with fantastic views.
- All caravan holiday homes on the park are accessible by 3-5 steps. Apartments are also accessed via steps- for confirmation of number of steps to your accommodation, please ask the park on booking. We do also have limited accommodation with ramp access.
- Most caravans and apartments have allocated parking in front of the caravan, however some have parking alongside the accommodation. Please let us know whether you require this facility when making your reservation.
- There is a 5mph speed limit throughout the park, with clearly marked speed bumps in several locations. The speed bumps are not severe, therefore it is possible to wheel a wheelchair over them. Immediately outside Reception can be used as a drop off point only.
- Please be aware that the park slopes more at the top near the entrance than it does at the bottom near Reception. The caravans and apartments nearest Reception at the bottom of the park have parking next to the caravan, are nearest the facilities, have excellent views and are on level ground.
- Our Launderette and Reception are situated in one building on ground level. Each facility has its own access. All facilities are open 8.30am – 5.00pm. When Reception is closed there is an emergency number available on the main Reception door or in your Welcome Packs on arrival.
- Takeaway facilities and restaurants are available in the village, a 5-minute walk along the slightly sloping promenade or a short drive. There are plenty of car parks in the village and some parking directly outside these conveniences. We are happy to accept grocery deliveries on your behalf.
- The nearest train station is in Barnstaple which is approximately 8 miles away. The local firm Number 6 Taxi's – 01237 666666 has access to a people carrier with wheelchair access. The nearest bus stop is half a mile away and buses run regularly. Upon your arrival, we will be happy to help you with your luggage.
- Colour schemes throughout all accommodation and park buildings have been designed to provide a good contrast between floors, walls and doorways. The public buildings and park area have signs. Furniture can be removed in some of our accommodation in order to give you more space if necessary.
- Mobile phone coverage for Vodafone, O2 and Orange networks are good in all areas of the park.
- Wheelchairs are not currently available to hire from the park, however we are happy to accept delivery of such provisions on your behalf. The Red Cross hire wheelchairs and other various medical items for free with a small refundable deposit on 0845 3313331.
- Assistance Dogs are very welcome and at no extra charge, however we do ask that they are exercised off of the park. You are able to walk your dog on Westward Ho! beach during the winter months, however during the summer months, it would be better to take a short walk out of the park to the ‘Tors’.
- All managerial staff are there to help. If you feel you need help at anytime, please request assistance with any member of staff.
River Valley Country Park
- River Valley Country Park is a completely level park with one unit of accommodation set on a hillside at a higher level. We have lodges (some with hot tubs on the decking) and caravans for everyone.
- All caravan holiday homes and lodges on the park are accessible by 3-5 steps all of which have parking alongside the accommodation. For confirmation of number of steps, please ask the park on booking.
- There is a 10mph speed limit throughout the park. There is a car park adjacent to reception, which can be used as a drop off point for convenience.
- Our park shop provides a small range of basic goods and reception (open 8.30am-5.00pm) is accessible by four wide wooden steps or a wide ramp for wheelchair access. Once in the Reception and shop, everything is on ground level. When Reception is closed the main house is next door, there are no steps. Park wardens are available and emergency numbers are listed in your Welcome Pack on arrival.
- There is a takeaway van available on the park once a week. Details are available on the black board outside Reception.
- Colour schemes throughout all accommodation and park buildings have been designed to provide a good contrast between floors, walls and doorways. The public buildings and park area have signs. Furniture can be removed in some of our accommodation to give extra space if needed.
- All toilet and shower blocks on the park are on ground level with one small step for access. We have one purposely built disabled access shower and toilet available in the toilet block behind the launderette near reception. This is accessed by a ramp.
- Wheelchairs are not currently available to hire from the park, however we are happy to accept delivery of such provisions on your behalf. Red Cross in Truro on 0845 331 3331 hire wheelchairs and other equipment and will deliver. We will gladly accept grocery deliveries on your behalf.
- Mobile phone coverage for Vodafone, O2 and Orange networks is limited on the park. A pay phone is available near Reception. Please contact Reception in an emergency.
- The nearest train station is in Penzance which is approximately 5.5 miles away. The local firm ‘Jolly Rogers – 01736 711128, has access to a people carrier with wheelchair access.There is a bus service that runs from the park entrance, at the top of the lane twice a day, however we would suggest that a taxi would be more convenient. Upon your arrival, we will be happy to help you with your luggage.
- Assistance Dogs are very welcome and at no extra charge, however we do ask that both Assistance Dogs and dogs staying with families are exercised off of the park. There are numerous access points to the stream side where you are free to walk your dogs.
- All managerial staff on the park are there to help. If you feel you need help at anytime, please request assistance with any member of staff.